When you are trying to protect yourself from criminal charges, the lawyer you choose to represent you makes a major difference! Your criminal defense attorney is your legal protector and your voice before the judge and jury. You will depend on your legal representative to identify any weaknesses in the prosecution's case against you, to build an effective defense plan on your behalf, to skillfully present your arguments before the court and to fight for the protection of your Constitutional rights. This is a very serious role that only a seasoned legal professional should fill.
Now here comes the million-dollar question: How do you know if you're choosing the right criminal defense lawyer? While no one can predict the future outcome of a case, individuals can carry out their due diligence and make sure they are hiring a legal professional who has the right qualifications. Here are
FIVE TIPS you should follow when selecting a defense attorney for your criminal case:
- Make sure the lawyer has extensive criminal law experience, including trial experience.
- Find out whether the attorney has a strong track record of success. Does he or she have a history of winning major criminal cases?
- Look for a hands-on defense lawyer who is actually committed to working with you directly and maintaining a strong attorney/client relationship. You are paying your attorney good money, so your case should get the time and attention it deserves! You can get a sense of the attorneys' client service by asking the legal professional about his or her process for handling cases. You can sometimes even tell a lot just by gauging how the attorney interacts with you in your initial consultation.
Read online reviews about the lawyer and see what other clients had to say about the attorney's services. By going to third-party sites such as
Avvo.com, you can get a realistic sense of what it is like to work with the lawyer.
- Meet with the attorney so you can do the following: ask questions, find out how the lawyer plans to help you, find out what the attorney charges for legal services, and get a general vibe of the lawyer's personality and ability to work with you.
Why Kinsell & Whitaker Is the Law Firm for You
When applying each of the five tips listed above to our law firm, Kinsell & Whitaker, you will see that our Gainesville criminal defense lawyers offers the premier qualifications you are looking for! We'll take you through our qualifications point-by-point:
Experience: Our legal team consists of criminal defense lawyers who have vast experience in the area of criminal law—especially since they
formerly served as prosecutors. Our attorneys have handled thousands of cases as prosecutors and hundreds of cases and criminal defense attorneys, and they have experience dealing with everything from investigations to jury trials.
Track Record: Our attorneys have achieved
successful results for countless clients. We have even reached case wins in the some of the most challenging types of criminal cases, such as murder cases. Click
here to read about some of our recent case victories.
Client Service: At our law firm,
each case is personally handled by a partner at our firm. This means that the client gets to work one-on-one with the attorney rather than having his or her case passed off to paralegals or associates.
Our previous clients have raved about us on Avvo.com. In describing our lawyers, they have used terms such as "Best Criminal Defense Attorney Ever" and "THE criminal attorney to represent you."
- In order to better serve our clients, we offer free initial consultations!
Whether you are facing state or federal charges, we are ready to assist you with your criminal matter. Contact us for dedicated legal representatives who are ready to work tirelessly to protect your freedom!